BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

archicad will not start - splash screen only

Anonymous
Not applicable
dear friends
as much as i try i cant open my archicad although i worked on it for monthes but sudenly 3 days ago it didnt open ,it just shows the f.l. rights house and doesnt get in to the soft ware , i removed it and instaled it again ,no thing happened , i formated my laptop and re instaled the archicad again b ut the same problem , does any body knows the way out from this problem in time i have dilivaries to my clients and they are waiting on fire for thier works , please advice me to solve it with thanks
architect
hana a. farhadi
3 REPLIES 3
Djordje
Ace
The re-installing should do it ... and you should not have any troubles after that.

What did you do to your computer before it stopped working?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
i was working on a project , sudwnly it said not responding, thats what happened , but i brought my brothers laptop but on that one when i open an old file , i cant find the windows and doors and when i load it from archicad library folder nothing comes even recent library parts like the treess and the cars .....etc please help me to find the way out
thanks alot for your respond
yours
hana a. farhadi
Karl Ottenstein
I've changed the subject of this thread. Please try to use a descriptive subject in the future, rather than just "archicad help", "help please", etc. 😉

Give us more information. We can guess that you are on Windows, because of the 'not responding' message. The Frank Lloyd Wright house tells us that you are on 11.

What build were you running -had you updated to the most current build (1210) and the most recent library?

In which version of AC was the file created? The objects from an earlier version will likely not all appear with just the 11 library. Instead, you need to save a PLA from the older version and open that in 11...and then fine-tune the library transition. (Or use subset libraries.)

Freezing at the splash screen, which is right when the WIBU key is checked, suggests a possible problem with your USB key. Have you unplugged the key to see if you get further - to the point where you are told you are entering Demo mode?

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!