Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

architectural fonts ( sorry kinda laimen i know)

Not applicable
Can somebody tell me where to go to get good architectural style fonts. I downloaded one and it either is not able to read it or the font just bites. I am a new user to the program and am trying to get a uniform, organized method to all this madness.
Thanks.
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable
Naftali wrote:
Naftali wrote:
How does one go about "installing" these ArchiCAD Architectural Vector fonts so that Archicad shows these as the choices for text, dims, etc ?? Or is this only for replacing fonts in Plotmaker ?

When I tried to copy them to the Windows font folder I got an error message that they were unacceptable.

TIA

Naftali

WinXPHome
Still waiting for an answer from Windows users

Naftali

WinXPhome SP2
The ArchiCAD Vector fonts are not a font in the standard Postscript/TrueType/OpenType sense. They are a simplified CAD font using only lines and arcs to draw basic letter forms. Their original purpose was to facilitate plotting on old pen plotters on which filled letter forms had to be made of thousands of tiny lines (before raster plotters and HPGL2).

I don't know if these fonts are even supported any more (I haven't used them for about ten years) nor why you would want to use them.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew wrote:

The ArchiCAD Vector fonts are not a font in the standard Postscript/TrueType/OpenType sense. They are a simplified CAD font using only lines and arcs to draw basic letter forms. Their original purpose was to facilitate plotting on old pen plotters on which filled letter forms had to be made of thousands of tiny lines (before raster plotters and HPGL2).

I don't know if these fonts are even supported any more (I haven't used them for about ten years) nor why you would want to use them.
Thanks Matthew, So now I go off searching for usable architectural fonts.

Naftali

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!