BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

colours wrong in V9

Anonymous
Not applicable
since installing archiCAD 9 the 3D window is dark and has rather red tones to it. any suggestions? can one set RGB in archiCAD rendering?

also, a 8.1 project regularily fails to be editable in the 3D window although it opens ok. I have to then close the project and re-open it and hope that the 3D window will work as normal... very frustrating

thanks if you can help
jonathan
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
bell63 wrote:
since installing archiCAD 9 the 3D window is dark and has rather red tones to it. any suggestions? can one set RGB in archiCAD rendering?
I assume that you mean the entire view is too dark (and not just the background color). This could be due to the sun settings (Image > 3D Projection Settings > More Sun (button)). Is it happening with both OpenGL and the internal engine?
also, a 8.1 project regularily fails to be editable in the 3D window although it opens ok. I have to then close the project and re-open it and hope that the 3D window will work as normal... very frustrating
I assume you have already saved the project in AC9. You can try merging the old file into a new blank one and see if the problem persists. If this fixes things you need to remember that any 2D work in sections or details will not merge automatically, and will need to be manually copy/pasted into the new file.
Anonymous
Not applicable
hi Matthew,
thanks for the tips; I've re-installed 9 which seems to have ironed out these problems which were just going from bad to worse.
the darkness was just a low brightness setting, although I still don't know what the redness was all about.
thanks again,
jonathan
Learn and get certified!