Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

dwg not merging!

Anonymous
Not applicable
When trying to merge a DWG into my drawing (file - inter - merge) the drawing is not present when fully 'loaded'

I follow the usual flie - inter - merge procedure and place the file. it loads and then just nothing appears.

No layers are hidden.

I have tried dragging and dropping the DWG in but it wont let me edit the drawing.

Please help.
2 REPLIES 2
Marc H
Advisor
If you only plan to use as a reference, may I suggest drag and drop onto an independent worksheet. Then, set the worksheet as a trace reference.

If you want to edit the DWG in the model, you can Edit, Reshape, and Explode into Current View. This will present an option to import the DWG layers or have all onto your designated AC drawing layer. The benefit of the first is to give you the most modeling versatility. An advantage of the single layer option is keeping your model file free of the DWG layers but still having editable DWG elements in your model.

There is some further thought by myself and others in another post: https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=69579#p309995 which may help inform.

Hope this helps.
“The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” - Abraham Lincoln

AC27 USA on 16” 2019 MBP (2.4GHz i9 8-Core, 32GB DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8G GDDR5, 500GB SSD, T3s, Trackpad use) running Sonoma OS + extended w/ (2) 32" ASUS ProArt PAU32C (4K) Monitors
Barry Kelly
I believe it is there, but has a renovation status that is not visible to you with your current settings.
As mentioned in the post Marc has linked to.
Try changing your reno filter to one that 'shows all'.

Barry
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11