Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

to log in as Administrator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good evening to everybody,
i got a problem with the installation of Archicad 9 on my Mac. What does it mean to be logged in as Administrator or having Administrator rights? What do i have to do to log in? Please, help me because i'm really confused.
Lena
4 REPLIES 4
Dwight
Newcomer
Would you be doing a teamwork function or is this a Mac software installation?

If you are installing something, you need to be the boss - the administrator - and provide the administrator password when the dialog box appears.

If you are working alone on your own machine - you ARE the administrator, but this shouldn't be a surprise.

If you are at an office and working on a system machine, ask your chief to install the software.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
I actually AM the administrator: but as the installation begins archicad just tells me that i don't have the rights to go on, as i must log in as administrator, and no password is requested.it doesn't recognize me as administrator...
Dwight
Newcomer
You are not logged in as the administrator, then. Log out and log back in....
Dwight Atkinson
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
LenaRogi wrote:
I actually AM the administrator: but as the installation begins archicad just tells me that i don't have the rights to go on, as i must log in as administrator, and no password is requested.it doesn't recognize me as administrator...
You may have a permissions problem. Try running 'Disk Utility' (in Applications/Utilities), select your hard drive, and click 'Repair Disk Permissions'.

Ralph.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Software Engineer Speckle Systems