Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

updating

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear All users

When I go to updatefrom using the lbk it always comes up with an error saying that the there is a problem opening back ground archicad and to open it manually to find out what the problem is.

Do you know what this this and how to over come it ??

It happens on all linked lbk and archicad files.

Myles
3 REPLIES 3
David Maudlin
Rockstar
myles wrote:
When I go to updatefrom using the lbk it always comes up with an error saying that the there is a problem opening back ground archicad and to open it manually to find out what the problem is.

Myles:

This is probably due to missing and/or duplicate library parts. After opening the file in ArchiCAD, go to Window>Palette Display>Show Library Loading Report and see if you have missing or duplicate parts. You will need to clean up your libraries to avoid this message. If you search this forum, you will find threads that cover this topic.

Hope this helps.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
myles wrote:
Dear All users

Do you know what this this and how to over come it ??

It happens on all linked lbk and archicad files.

Myles
Further to Davids response we find this problem is often related to any errors that immediately appear (in their own error box) after loading the libraries. This can be related to add-ons not loading correctly (or missing) or master.gdl scripts missing.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Myles

I get this error message if I click on another window while updating, particularly if I do so immediately after starting the update. I find that if I wait a while until the first few bars of the update progress show (sometimes 10 seconds, sometimes 30) I don't get the problem.
HTH