cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

2D/3D Misalignment

Anonymous
Not applicable
I created a TrussMaker object of a scissor truss with a cantilevered end condition. Unfortunately the TrussPro object can't represent this.
Having done this I wanted to be able to turn off the contours in 2D to show just the axis line. I opened the Joist Beam 10 object and copied the 2D script into my part (deleting the contents for showing the std profile in 2D).It works fine except the 2D lines are shifted over in plan from the centerline yet the 3D is OK.
any ideas?

"e" is the axis or contour parameter within the 2D script:

PEN gs_cont_pen
Line_type axis
if e > 1 goto 20
goto 10+(e*10)

10:

fill gs_fill_type
poly2_b 4,7,gs_fill_pen,gs_back_pen,
0, -b/2, 1,
a, -b/2, 1,
a, b/2, 1,
0, b/2, 1

hotspot2 0,b/2
hotspot2 a,b/2
hotspot2 0,-b/2
hotspot2 a,-b/2
goto 50

20:
line2 0,0,a,0

50:
hotspot2 0,0
hotspot2 a,0
hotspot2 a/2,b/2
hotspot2 a/2,-b/2

end

Thanks, Chris v10 US 1188
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Syntax error. Try this :
if e > 1 then goto 20

Added by Olivier : Thu Oct 18, 2007
My bad. No syntax error. "if e > 1 goto 20" is right. I return to school.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the reply Olivier, but there was no change. the 2D line work is offset by 2'-3 11/16" in plan yet the 3D is properly aligned with the exterior walls.
Anonymous
Not applicable
check what value represents the width of the truss in 3D, a lot parts use the A value to make the object stretchy in one direction, but use a value other than B so that the object remains of a fix size in the other
Anonymous
Not applicable
I was able to get the 2D correct by modifying the line2 command. It seems the hotspots are off due to maybe starting from the custom Trussmaker object?? Looks OK for now. My goal will be to re-write the TrussPro object or make a similar one some day.
Thanks for the help tho!