BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

2d CheckBoxes

vfrontiers
Enthusiast
I wonder if anyone knows of a way to use an interactive hotspot to essentially Toggle something ON/OFF..

What I have is a Drawing Checklist as a reminder for QC (quality control) guy to check off about 10 things per drawing sheet. So Rather than just putting in a text block (far easier at this point)... I set up an object that merely displays these items in a list and has each as a PARAMETER that is a check box (on/off)...

I am now trying to save the trouble of OPENING up the object each time to check off one or two things as they get done.

Was initially thinking that I could drag a hotspot from the edge to the CENTER of the "checkbox" and when those two coordinates matched, the object would know to set that parameter to ON...

Anyway, here's what it looks like.. To boot, there are about 10 different "SETS" all in the same object... So programing this is going to take some time (about 150 moveable hotspots altogether). Or better yet, just assign 10 different hotspot moves to the PARAMETER in the same slot per Checklist... Thinking out loud...

Anyway, if you get what I'm after, let me know if you've got some ideas.
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
6 REPLIES 6
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Just a side note...

All this would be moot if we could create our own GUI in the INFO PALETTE for our objects...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

Barry Kelly
Rather than try to explain it I just pulled the code out of one of my objects and have attached as a zip file.

If you want more hotspots just create new parameters and duplicate the code but with the new parameter names.
i.e. note_1_hs_swch & note_1_y_dist, then note_2_hs_swch & note_2_y_dist, etc.

Pen number 10 for me is white so I can have some descriptive text in the plan to say what the hotspot is for - but you may not need this.

Then you can take it to the next level where you can set up a rotation hotspot. Then at every 45° increment (or whatever increment you want) you can link it to a parameter value list rather then just an on/off option.

There are old posts on both these methods.
I'll see if I can find them.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Going to give it a try...

Thanks a bunch...!
Duane

Visual Frontiers

Barry Kelly
I think this is the old post I was thinking about.

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=28807

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Ok... Thanks for the help with the TOGGLE switch... Works great...

Now...
I am trying to use a TRADITIONAL MOVEABLE HOTSPOT2 to just adjust a distance in a LABEL...

But I am using GLOB_SCALE to make paperspace-able and can't get the moving hotspot to stay in paper space mode... Once I start stretching it, it jumps to MODEL SPACE dimensions and once I let go the parameter is adjusted to a MODEL SPACE distance...

So if I dragged it 1/4"(paperspace)... it is reading that it's moving 1'... when I let go, the hotspot has jumped the 1' multiplied by glob_scale.

Any solutions?
Duane

Visual Frontiers

Jochen Suehlo
Advisor
I am using moving Hotspots in my zone stamp, which is adjusted by Global Scale. The moving hotspots are then readjusted, see example script:

!From here all dims in [mm]
MUL2 A_/1000,A_/1000 !Scale fixed

IF satellit THEN
ADD2 0,half/2
MUL2 1000/A_,1000/A_
HOTSPOT2 mainX, -0.1, 1, mainY, 3 !Referenz
HOTSPOT2 mainX, 0, 2, mainY, 1+128 !Basis
HOTSPOT2 mainX, mainY, 3, mainY, 2 !Beweger

HOTSPOT2 -0.1, mainY, 4, mainX, 3
HOTSPOT2 0, mainY, 5, mainX, 1+128
HOTSPOT2 mainX, mainY, 6, mainX, 2
DEL 2