Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

3 Panel Patio Door

Jesse Davidson
Contributor
Hey All,

I'm having issues trying to model a 3 panel sliding exterior door where only 1 panel (either end panel) is the opener. I've found work-arounds using Cadimage but I can't seem to model this properly and it is starting to irritate me after numerous projects.

All 3 door panels should have matching sashes / frames.

Any help / pointers would be great!

Thanks everyone! Merry Christmas
ArchiCAD 24 Full
15" Macbook Pro (2018), OSX 10.15.7
2.6 GHz Intel Core I7, 32GB DDR4
Radeon Pro 560X 4096 MB[/size]
4 REPLIES 4
Andy Melaragno
Booster
Hello,
Were you able to figure this door out? I am a new user and will be starting my first project soon and I anticipate needing to use a 3 panel sliding door where all 3 panels match. -Thanks
Andy Melaragno

Columbus, Ohio USA

AC 24 / 25 / 26 USA | Windows 10 Pro | GeForce RTX 2060 Super | 32 GB |Intel i7-8700K @3.70 Ghz
Barry Kelly
I would think that it would be unusual to have a 3 panel door with only one end panel sliding.
Usually 2 panels would slide.
Not to say this couldn't happen though.

In the AUS library the standard "Sliding Door 22' has a 3 slider option.
Unfortunately there is no option to have only one panel sliding.

I don't have the INT or USA library loaded so I can't say if this option is available in those libraries.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Jesse Davidson
Contributor
Hey Barry, I'm a little late on this reply but perhaps it will find usefulness somewhere.

In regards to the 3 panel wide sliding door that only has 1 panel that is opening - this option is quite common in Western Canada. I'd probably pin it somewhere around 25-30% of my jobs have it. Still playing with workarounds on it because I still haven't found the best way. I mainly just use the D3 Sliding door unit and disable the opening lines, and draw them manually in the schedules and elevations. It's not perfect but it gets the point across. This way works fine in the 2D drawings, however I dislike how it works in the 3d models / walkthroughs.

All in all, I still dislike ArchiCADs Window & Door tools. If you could somehow Group & Gang windows & doors together to show up as 1 unit in the Window & Door Schedules I would be extremely happy. Or better yet, incorporate Cadimage's Window & Door tools where the options are what seem like endless. I just find it extremely frustrating that I have to pay another subscription service for a proper window / door tool on top of the price for ArchiCAD. How has ArchiCAD not developed this yet??? Cadimage has had these tools for what feels like decades now.
ArchiCAD 24 Full
15" Macbook Pro (2018), OSX 10.15.7
2.6 GHz Intel Core I7, 32GB DDR4
Radeon Pro 560X 4096 MB[/size]
Not a perfect fix, but you might consider using the W Sliding3 23 in lieu of a door. Doesn't have a single opening, but at least the sashes are stacked correctly.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10