Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.
SOLVED!

[AC24] Custom windows and doors

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,
I'm working on my custom test window and I have a problem with the created objects.
As I understand during 3D modeling of the window, z=0,00 (project zero) is the "outside of the wall", and anything above is "inside the wall".

As You can see in my image my window is placed mirrored, what is the reason? What am I doing wrong?
Of course I can flip it in options, but thats not the case, this time I want to create a correct object without any further modifications.

Also is there any possibility to add 3D reveal (jambs) without modelling it manually, like in the standard AC windows and door? I think that this question has been brought many times, and I hope that maybe in AC24 there is something new 😉
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Figo,
I did saw your reference for the turn arrow and the sun.
I still mentioned it because it is common for new users get confused with this method of placing windows/doors.
When you place the window, you then select the exterior side. Not the window open swing.
Generally, doors and windows should open to the exterior. But in your case it is open to the interior. I think this is the reason why your window is not ending in the position you want.
I did a quick test with a custom made window and it is working as I describe.
Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
When you place any door/window, you can define the interior/exterior side (Click on the little sun icon to define the exterior side).
You can have more info about placing doors and windows here.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Braza wrote:
When you place any door/window, you can define the interior/exterior side (Click on the little sun icon to define the exterior side).
You can have more info about placing doors and windows here.
As You can see I set it in the correct way/position (I've created pink symbols to visualize it, just in case 😉 ).
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Figo,
I still mentioned it because it is common for new users get confused with this method of placing windows/doors.
When you place the window, you then select the exterior side. Not the window open swing.
Generally, doors and windows should open to the exterior. But in your case it is open to the interior. I think this is the reason why your window is not ending in the position you want.
Hope this helps.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Braza wrote:
Hi Figo,
Hope this helps.
I think that I can skip the window placing part, because I'm doing it properly Honestly I've never seen windows opening to the exterior in Poland, it's impractical...

For me the crucial information that I was missing is that the main reference for doing custom objects (d/w etc.) are the doors, in which case doors are mostly opened to the exterior. I thought for some reason that it is changed during windows creation.

Anyway thank You for the clarification!