Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Add custom door panel parameters to door object.

AndreaBanci
Participant

I am doing some tests to create a custom door panel.

If I create it by modeling it with the basic tools of archicad, such as slab, the door panel does not have the editable materials and is stretched based on the size of the door.
By creating the door panel through PARAM-O, the panel maintains the proportions even as the door size changes, but I cannot change the parameters used in PARAM-O to create the object.
Is there any way to add a panel to the door interface text panel that goes to read the parameters of the custom panel?

example.jpg

I attach an example file and two door panel gsm file, one modeled by slab, other by PARAM-O.
A.

Operating system used: Mac Apple Silicon 14 Sonoma

1 REPLY 1
Barry Kelly

Out of the box this is not possible.

You will have to do a bit of GDL scripting - even then it is not practical.

You would have to edit the default door frame objects to pass on the parameters you want to control as the object CALLs the custom door leaf.

Editing the default Graphisoft objects is not a good idea.

Also you would have to ensure the custom door leaf you create also has the parameters that you wish to change.

Creating them from slabs, it will create parameters for the materials, but they will not necessarily match with the same parameter names from the frame object, so some adjustments would be necessary.

I am not sure exactly how Paramo creates custom door leafs as I really have never used it as it is not as powerful as scripting in GDL.

This has been discussed before - here is one such thread that may help explain.

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Libraries-objects/Custom-Door-Panel-Materials/td-p/201741?f=6&t=...

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Setup info provided by author