Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Attributes automatically set up for objects/pens/ etc

cocoloco
Expert

Hello!

Finally beautifully upgraded pen set and removed some really ugly original surfaces ... only to find out I did it all the basics wrong! 😄 Now all objects in gallery have preset setting of what each fill name suppose to be, including a pen, so all is pink/green/blue/orange ugly however you want to call it. Also because removing the ugly fill attributes, now it has all kinds of missing surfaces because I deleted it. 

Although I understand that apparently I was way too intuitive and it felt to easy to do it this way,... Archicad basics that I missed thought differently and I got it all wrong.

But there are a few questions I have in order to make it right if I am keeping archicad. (debating this because I checked revit and it seems to do for interiors what I was looking for)...

anyway: 

- For the attributes, got it, they are gone.
1.  But for pens, I still don't fully understand. I only use a few pens (under 15?) and because I change them often between when I draw something , I like them right on the left side of the color layout. No I don't want to look where archicad decided to put plumbing, etc in the middle, or in the end? so is there a way for me to set up what/where attributes pens  are in my OWN custom palette so new objects are assigned the colors of where I decided them to be?

2. Setting up colors for objects automatically and override archicad settings for objects pens/fills: I use lots of objects, and I always thought that when I set up the setting in library for each pen/fill , that it will save ... and next time I open that object, it will have that setting. NOPE. So every time I reuse lets say 50 objects (cabinetry) ... I have to all customize them (or copy paste is a workaround, but I hate archicad for their workarounds and it's not solution). So really, is it glitch or there is no automatic set up for objects? 

3. any way to upload original archicad attributes & pens.. keep it all as is... and upload my secondary pens only to override those? May be a solution so I don't have to deal with the nuances (and maybe that is what all of you are doing?:D) 

thank you! 

Operating system used: Mac Apple Silicon 15 Sequioa

MacBook Pro, Sonoma: 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7, Intel 16GB mem,
Archicad Solo 26 and 27 (in testing mode)
0 REPLIES 0

Setup info provided by author