Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.
SOLVED!

Building material not found, what to do?

maurotrotta
Enthusiast

I have a pop up warning that a material is missing. How do I find the missing material?

maurotrotta_0-1726837595240.png

Operating system used: Windows

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Select the Curtain Wall, and check the Building Material field in the "Curtain Wall Panel Settings" panel of the Settings Dialog's Panels page.

I suspect it is missing, so you should set it to a Building Material that is available in your Project File.

BuiltinCWPanel-BuildingMaterial.png

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Select the Curtain Wall, and check the Building Material field in the "Curtain Wall Panel Settings" panel of the Settings Dialog's Panels page.

I suspect it is missing, so you should set it to a Building Material that is available in your Project File.

BuiltinCWPanel-BuildingMaterial.png

Thanks. How did you know it was in the curtain wall?

The error message talks about the "Built-in CW Panel.gsm" file. In this instance, CW means Curtain Wall. So, I knew that this is a Library Part that is used as a Curtain Wall Panel, so I knew I needed to look in that panel of that Dialog (a Curtain Wall is a hierarchical element type, where you define the reference line, length, height, etc. of the Curtain Wall, and Archicad generates it and its sub-elements - Frames, Panels, etc. - using Library Parts - those files with the GSM extension, where GSM stands for Graphic SyMbol, if I am not mistaken).

Also, the error message said a Building Material is missing so I knew one way this can happen is when your setting is referencing a Building Material attribute that is for some reason not available in the Project File (the Building Material attribute may have been deleted earlier.)

JeffH
Advocate

if you copy the bottom code that is between the "( | " and " ) "..You can paste that into Find and select for All Types.  you just have to add the Criteria "Tag (Attributes) " under the Add>IFC Properties panel.

It will select the exact element in question.

JeffH_0-1726860713812.png

AC24 / AC26 / AC27
Win10

Setup info provided by author

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!