Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

How to create an area light with a size smaller than 10cm?

diagouveia
Participant

Guys, I'm trying to create an area light smaller than 10cm (I want to make an LED light 3cm wide).

The problem is that archicad does not change the area light property when I customize one of its dimensions to a number smaller than 10cm, and this causes my render engine to use these values ​​instead of 3cm, making the lights in the render they are poorly positioned/with wrong sizes...

If you look at the image I attached, in the blue circle are the measurements I customized, but up there in the red circle, the limit dimension seems to be 10cm... I wanted to change that...

How can I customize the light area so that these values ​​above (which I indicate in the attached image in red) are also changed?

Problem.png

3 REPLIES 3
David Maudlin
Rockstar

diagouveia:

The dimensions in the red circle include the cross hairs outside the square box. If you measure the square box in 2D or 3D, it is the Length and Width sizes. I can input 1/16" (1.6 mm).

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David

David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
diagouveia
Participant

Hello David!

Thanks for your answer! 

I'm currently using Archicad 27!

I can understand what you are saying, but my problem is with those measures of the crosshairs... I need to change them, because my render engine software reads those measures to translate the lights from archicad to it's software... I will give you an example: if I make an area light with the measures of 1 meter x 3 centimeters... in my render engine the area lights are translated with the measures of 1 meter x 10cm (because of those crosshair measures). And this is causing me much trouble with the render engine related to light positioning and dimensions... =/

Barry Kelly

The light object does indeed have a crosshair that is a minimum size of 10cm.

I don't know why your rendering software is using that information, I would have thought it would use the 3D size of the object.

Maybe try playing around with the settings on the next page to change the 2D symbol.

BarryKelly_1-1726533620270.png

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11