Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.
SOLVED!

How to create custom Door symbol

Inglewood
Contributor

I would like to create Door double wall hung with 4 sash. How can i crate or adjust in plan view.

Than you for your help.

Operating system used: Windows

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly

If the standard library objects do not allow for what you want. then you will have to create your own.

You can model with slabs (laying flat in the floor plan) then save as a custom door object (you will still need to do some editing of the 2D symbol).

But probably the best solution is to look at the Library Part Maker add-on that will allow you to set the plan view and level of detail as well.

It won't be a smart parametric object (i.e. it will be a single size), but it will look as you want it.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Barry Kelly

If the standard library objects do not allow for what you want. then you will have to create your own.

You can model with slabs (laying flat in the floor plan) then save as a custom door object (you will still need to do some editing of the 2D symbol).

But probably the best solution is to look at the Library Part Maker add-on that will allow you to set the plan view and level of detail as well.

It won't be a smart parametric object (i.e. it will be a single size), but it will look as you want it.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Inglewood
Contributor

Thank you so much for your help.

Setup info provided by author