Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Change in GDL Archicad 24 ?

RandyC
Advocate
Some of my older library parts do not show on all relevant stories anymore with Archicad 24
and even some of the library parts from archicad that are stretchable in the Z direction do not show
on all relevant stories --- has there been something new added to the scripting ?

I stretched the basin cabinet object and the bookshelf 01/24 neither show on all relevant stories but
they show as stretched in 3d What is troubling is inclined columns 24 , M Column 24 do not show on all relevant stories either. I haven't checked all of the parts but it seems hit and miss.

Is there some new code that needs to be added to my old chimney parts ?
ArchiCAD 4.5 --- 27 , Win 10 , dual monitors, 64 gb ram,Nvidia GeforceRTX 2080 TI, I-9
6 REPLIES 6
RandyC
Advocate
Maybe I posted this in the wrong place ?
Aafter experimenting the same thing is happening in Archicad 23

Just looking at the Steel Columns in Archicad Library 23 & 24 I can make it show as 1 story up
and down -- that works !
but when I ask archicad to show on "all relevant stories" it does not work .

all of the architectural columns 23 & 24 will show on all relevant stories

why ? this behavior is not consistent across library parts
ArchiCAD 4.5 --- 27 , Win 10 , dual monitors, 64 gb ram,Nvidia GeforceRTX 2080 TI, I-9
Peter Baksa
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
There hasn't been such a change in GDL.
I couldn't reproduce this, could you attach a small pln file where it isn't displaying as expected?
Péter Baksa
Software Engineer, Library as a Platform
Graphisoft SE, Budapest
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Randy,

Thank you for sharing the issue and I am very sorry about the experience!

I have checked this issue on both Archicad 23 and Archicad 24, but unfortunately I did not encounter this issue on INT version. As you can see in the attached screenshot, the steel column still visible in the ground floor, with its home story is at story 4.

I'm wondering if this is the right Steel Column that we're talking about? Which language version are you using?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

RandyC
Advocate
I cannot get it to work when using "show on relevant stories "
it works when display view is set to "show on all stories "

attaching screenshots --- Library is US Archicad 24
Peter Baksa
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
The difference between the steel columns and the masonry columns is that the masonry columns set ac_toplevel and ac_bottomlevel parameters (relative to the object origin). This is needed for the relevant stories feature, the defaults are set up to disable it.

Setting these parameters based on ZZYZX should fix your chimney object.
You wrote that it worked in a previous version, which one was that?
Péter Baksa
Software Engineer, Library as a Platform
Graphisoft SE, Budapest
RandyC
Advocate
i Guess I will have to add that "top level" - "bottom level" into the script to
get my old part to work. Why do you have some that use this feature and others that do not
--- is this to keep the complexity of archicad ?--