Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Custom Pictures

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am wondering if anyone out there knows how to add a "Custom Picture" to the art work in the AC library. I really do not want multiple pictures of the pirate (?) hanging on the walls.
7 REPLIES 7
Dwight
Newcomer
You'll add a folder to your Archicad library using the Library Manager.

Put your new things in this folder to keep them distinct from the original Archicad library that gets updated all the time.

Once a picture is in this folder and the folder is loaded into the library, you can put its name in the object's image call and it will appear within the picture object.

This is how all new things get added. Beginners must remember that unless a thing is formally added to the library it will not be accessible. If Archicad is running when you add elements, the library must be reloaded in the Library Manager.

"Pirate" is so declasse. "Conquistador," please!
Dwight Atkinson
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Dwight wrote:
"Pirate" is so declasse. "Conquistador," please!
It's actually a Halberdier!

Cheers,
Link.
Dwight
Newcomer
My mother-in-law is carried by one of these guys.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
I do realize that I have to add items to my library, and have created a sub folder in my graphisoft library for "other objects". I have made a few 2D & 3d GSL's, which I use. I guess my question should have been more specific. Is there anyway to use a jpeg or bitmap on the face of the painting?
Dwight
Newcomer
In the Picture 11 Object dialog PArameters , once your image files are loaded into the library as outlined previously, do this:

Use Custom Picture "ON"
Name of Picture File "Naneofyourpicturehere"
xxxxx.jpg
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
What I did was.....

Opened the selected jpeg with Graphic Converter, then saved it as a .png file.
This was added to the library and then I was able to use it. It does not seem that I can use the jpeg file as a custom picture....or can I?
AC did not seem to recognize it.
Dwight
Newcomer
There is this weird problem with JPEG. Macintosh computers can save a CMYK JPEG file that Windows computers don't recognize since JPEG is strictly an RGB file type.

But JPEG should otherwise be fine. I suspect that your problem is related to loading the file into the library.

Go figger.
Dwight Atkinson