Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Custom section marker

Bruce
Expert
I have created my own section marker, but can't figure out how to adjust the beginning of the section line itself - what happens is that it crosses into the marker head.

I have gone through the Built-In marker script, but can't see what they've done differently to achieve this. Does anyone know how to do this (see image)?
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC27 5003 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb
15 REPLIES 15
Bruce
Expert
I don't think it is. My experiments with masking fills make no difference to the section line display.
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC27 5003 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

Maybe you should put this question on the GDL forum instead. I am sure someone there will be able to help you.

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
Bruce
Expert
Thanks Daniel - I did that first actually...but no one there can help either.

http://gdl.graphisoft.com/forums/topic/section-marker-tail
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
JaseBee
Advocate
Hi Bruce,

Saw your issue and decided to have a look as I'll be tackling my own custom one before long...

I think I might have solved it, without even looking at the GDL code.

I made a graphic to explain it but can't for the life of me figure out how to upload it.

Basically you turn the section tails on and off in the marker settings of the section marker info box.

I got the standard marker to display the tail over the top of the marker just like your custom one, which to me says they couldn't even figure out how to avoid it also.

Hope this helps.
Jase.
AC 24 5004 AUS
iMac OSX (10.13.6) 4.2ghz i7
8gb ram/8gb vram
Barry Kelly
It looks like this may have been answered over on the GDL Center forum.

http://gdl.graphisoft.com/forums/topic/section-marker-tail
Gergely wrote:
You need to set/use the AC_MarkerSize parameter correctly, it will shorten the line to the proper length.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Bruce
Expert
Thanks Barry. For some reason I didn't get a notification (sometimes I do, sometimes I don't).

Anyway, for future reference, the key is to set the parameter AC_SectionLineStartOffset (not AC_MarkerSize). However, this will set the offset of the line for both ends - you can't (well, I couldn't) test with SYMB_MIRRORED to shorten one end and not the other.

I would say it's because the line is drawn as a whole, then the marker script is run (or vice versa). Would be nice to have an AC_SectionLineStartOffset1, and AC_SectionLineStartOffset2 parameter, to set each end.

I think I'll live - there are other higher priorities for GS.
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --