Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Detecting Project View Names

JaseBee
Advocate
Hi Talkers,

Can't find anything in the documentation, but I was wondering if it were possible for GDL objects to read information about the worksheet or interior elevation they are placed into? Even if its just the name and ID from the project map

For instance, could an object placed into an interior elevation get data about it's top/bottom view limitations?

Just trying to automate a bit more of my workflow, having things automagically adjust to changing sizes of IE's. Or follow the sizing of a control object.

Any info or suggestions would be appreciated.
AC 24 5004 AUS
iMac OSX (10.13.6) 4.2ghz i7
8gb ram/8gb vram
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
Maybe ...

REQUEST ("HomeDB_info", "", homeDBIntId, homeDBUserId, homeDBName, homeContext)

This should give some information (I have never tried it).

But as far as I know you can't get info like height limits of elevations.

And there is GLOB_VIEW_TYPE to determine the type of view- but that can't be used in the parameter script.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
JaseBee
Advocate
Yes, Thanks Barry.

I was hoping for the bounding data, but I think that might be enough to go with anyway.

I currently have an object tool that I drag around an IE to assist with dimensioning setouts and label alignment, so I could have that write out to a text file for other labels and such to read back...

Big task though, might put that one on the back burner.

Handy trick to know though. Thanks.
AC 24 5004 AUS
8gb ram/8gb vram
JaseBee
Advocate
Just realised, most of the objects I'd want to snap would be labels... and I asked about a global label positioning a while ago but nobody had any ideas....

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=56194&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=desc&highligh...

It might not be the same situation but it could be and that would kill it before it starts... have to do some tests... yay.
AC 24 5004 AUS
8gb ram/8gb vram