Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Different drawing depending on scale

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, seems I am always having this problem, anytime I try to use an object downloaded from the internet, or from a manufacturer.

The drawing is not scale sensitive. It doesn't matter if its scale 1:400 or 1:20, the object appearance is exactly the same.

Is there a simple way to modify the object and provide an extra drawing for different scale?

Thank you!
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
There aren't simple way. You have to modify the 2D script for diffrent scale.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Seems that I will place objects in one layer, and show in plans 1:50 and 1:20.

For plans in 1:300 I will have to create a different layer, and only draw in 2D.

Well, more elements to maintain, in case there are changes to the project.

If somebody can suggest me a different approach... Thank you!
Anonymous
Not applicable
ila2 wrote:
There aren't simple way. You have to modify the 2D script for diffrent scale.
Just asking again... Is there any tutorial where I can learn how to add different views to an existing object?

I really appreciate your assistance.
Anonymous
Not applicable
If the parts are not highly parametric (if they have a fixed size in plan) modifying the symbol display to be scale sensitive is not that hard.

The 2D symbol uses 16 "fragments" which function like layers. You can draw the symbols you want on different fragments for each scale and then write a simple script to pick the symbol to use according to the current scale.

A very simple version would be:
IF GLOB_SCALE > 50 THEN
    Fragment2 1, 0
ELSE
    Fragment 2, 0
ENDIF
A little more complex:

IF GLOB_SCALE >= 100 THEN
    Fragment2 1, 0
ENDIF

IF GLOB_SCALE < 100 AND GLOB_SCALE >= 50 THEN
    Fragment2 2, 0
ENDIF

IF GLOB_SCALE < 50 THEN
    Fragment2 3, 0
ENDIF

The first number after Fragment2 is the number of the fragment you want to show at the given scale. The second number determines whether to use the line and pen settings of the fragment (value of 0) or to override with settings from the script (value of 1).
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you Matthew for this great and useful explanation. My experience with GDL is null, but I will try to import a 3DS model and add some modifications for my school project.

Thank you!!