cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Door and Window Marker options in ArchiCAD 14?

Scott Newland
Participant
I have immersed myself in version 14 recently and came across an apparent missing part of the standard doors and windows. Using the basic ArchiCAD 14 library (which I verified is current), I can't find any way to alter the markers. The Marker Settings isn't there, and what you see on the attachment is all I can do. No controls whatsoever. Am I missing something?
Scott J. Newland, AIA
ArchiCAD 25
iMac running OS 11.5
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
If I understand you right, you might look in Document>Set Model View (MVO).
Is attached what your looking for?
Scott Newland
Participant
Thank you for the reply. I accessed Model View Options via the View pull-down, and made sure the doors and windows were shown with markers. They were. Still, the markers may be there but they are not the markers I like and there is no apparent way of changing them. Under none of the window settings parameters are there any marker controls.
Scott J. Newland, AIA
ArchiCAD 25
iMac running OS 11.5
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Scott:

Your door dialog box is missing the Marker Settings panel, to turn it on, go to Work Environment > Tool Schemes > Tool Settings Dialog Boxes, select the Door Tool and make the Dimension Marker visible. You should save this change to your Work Environment by selecting the Tool Schemes in the left panel, selecting the appropriate Stored Scheme on the right, and clicking the Redefine button.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Scott Newland
Participant
YES!!! I was completely unaware of this tool command option. I selected the appropriate marker options, saved the scheme, and they now appear under the settings for the windows and doors. Thank you very much for this help!
Scott J. Newland, AIA
ArchiCAD 25
iMac running OS 11.5
JaredBanks
Mentor
I'm going to highjack / revive this thread so I can add one more image.

There's a conversation going on a LinkedIn ArchiCAD Residential Designers Forum (it's private so it can't easily be linked to) on about turning on/off Minimal Space display via MVO. And linkedIN can't handle images. SO silly.

So here's the image for that conversation and the explanation:

If you are using a new version of ArchiCAD, but an old library your MVO won't show all the options for GDL objects because the Library is controlling what you see.

(I'm using this thread because the other images are pertinent to that conversation as well). Thanks!
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Blog: www.shoegnome.com
Archicad Template: www.shoegnome.com/template/
Archicad Work Environment: www.shoegnome.com/work-environment/
Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome