Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Door slab modeling challanges

klsdenver
Participant

Can anyone describe how to successfully insert doors from the library that will model the slab panel detail on each face of the door slab? Each time I insert a door from the library, it will only model the slab detail on 1 face, not 2.

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Ahmed_K
Advisor

The door should be modeled lile it should look like in real world, if you have a double face design, you should be modeled on both slab sides, up and down 

Also, the slab dimension should match the door panel size mentionned in the door dimensions option panel, i.e :

A 90 cm door have a 82 cm panel, so your slab is 82 cm wide.

I hope this helps you

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 10 GB
Archicad 27
Windows 11 professional
https://www.behance.net/Nuance-Architects
Barry Kelly

Are you choosing door panels from the list in the library part or are you creating your own custom panels from slabs and saving them as a door leaf?

If the first option, try different panels.

I remember a post some time ago where a certain paneled door style only had the panels on one side.

Actually I found the post here ...

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Libraries-objects/Door-Panel-Only-Shows-on-One-Side-in-Elevation...

I think there is a problem in the script for that door panel.

If you are creating your own panel from slabs and saving as a custom door leaf, then it will be as detailed as you model it.

That may be an option you can explore to get what you want.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Thank you for responding. I did use a standard door panel from the library, not custom. I will experiment with other doors to see if this works.

Thank you for the response. The problem still remains, however it is not critical to the construction documents. Just a flaw in the 3D modeling I would like to be able to correct.