Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

ETFE Cushion Rotation

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I'm using AC13 on a MAC. I have created a 3 plane ETFE .gsm object using three mesh surfaces. From this pc I don't have a pic to show, but you can understand this to be a 3d 'cushion' in floor plan view.

Now, I need to have this cushion at a slight angle (x or y). I was succesfull using objective to do this however, it is a very heavy action in terms of processing time. I also found this rotation plug-in by peter devlin, but have no idea how to use this.

Anyone that can help me with this, either by explaining how peter's plug-in works OR showing maybe an example of the code to be implemented in GDL?

I appreciate it.

Thanks and kind regards,

Peter de Ruijter
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks Peter, i will test it!

Peter -
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Peter wrote:
Now, I need to have this cushion at a slight angle (x or y). I was succesfull using objective to do this however, it is a very heavy action in terms of processing time. Anyone that can help me with this, either by explaining how peter's plug-in works OR showing maybe an example of the code to be implemented in GDL?
OBJECTiVE makes your object rotatable by adding rotation parameters and scripting, i.e. using native GDL. The speed is therefore entirely dependent on GDL - I would be surprised if the object processed any faster by manually editing the parameters and scripts. Let me know if this is not the case.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Software Engineer Speckle Systems
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, my impression is that it took much longer to generate the rotated object. I wash literally processing for 10 + minutes, it was a bit scary actually.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Peter wrote:
Hi, my impression is that it took much longer to generate the rotated object. I wash literally processing for 10 + minutes, it was a bit scary actually.
This is very strange. Processing time depends primarily on the number of polygons and their angle of rotation should make little or no difference. Is this mesh particularly complex? On my machine 10 min would be a long time to generate a complete building model. I don't think even one of my large hospital models takes that long unless I turn on all the MEP stuff.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, to me it's not too complex. It is three mesh planes, of which the middle point of the first is elevated (z) 500 mm, and the middle point of the third is elevated (z) -500 mm. The middle place is level.

Attached a .tiff of the object in floorplan view.

Am interested to have your opinion!

Peter -
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Peter wrote:
Hi, to me it's not too complex. It is three mesh planes, of which the middle point of the first is elevated (z) 500 mm, and the middle point of the third is elevated (z) -500 mm. The middle place is level.
I'm intrigued - can you email the object to me? Either use the email address on Encina's contact page or PM me (putting email addresses in these posts would just invite a flood of spam).
Ralph Wessel BArch
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Ralph, in the end I actually used encina, and that worked like a charm. The problem was with OBJECTIVE rotation. That took a long time. Would you still like to receive the object.

Peter -
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Peter wrote:
Would you still like to receive the object.
Yes please. I want to ensure any slowness isn't due to an error in OBJECTiVE.
Ralph Wessel BArch

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!