Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

External Objects - How it all fits together

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been using ArchiCad for a few weeks now, and have completed a few basic plans.

Still being a newbie I have been befuddled and confused on the subject of 'external objects' and hope for some enlightenment. There is so much information out there I'm not sure which way to proceed.

Let me tell you what I am trying to do, which is very basic. I want to locate some external objects that I can't find in the ArchiCad default libraries, such as: A ceiling fan with lights, some track lighting, and some other basic objects.

I believe what I am looking for are 3DS files, which I understand is 3DStudio, is this the way to go? I do have the add-on installed. Where would I locate such files?

What is GDL?

Any clues as to the best way to proceed and maybe an overview would be very very much appreciated. I can read about all the trees but haven't been able to locate much info on the forest.
2 REPLIES 2
TomWaltz
Participant
macmiller wrote:
I want to locate some external objects that I can't find in the ArchiCad default libraries, such as: A ceiling fan with lights, some track lighting, and some other basic objects.
Did you look in the Lamp Tool? There are several lights in there, including (I think) track lights and maybe ceiling fan lights.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, I checked that out already. Apparently there used to be a fan in there in ArchiCad 7, but it is no longer included. I don't see any track lights in there either.