BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Fill on Pilaster Floor Plan

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi! Little question, there is a way to show fill in the floor plan, like in the picture B, in the Archicad part Pilaster Classic archicad 14/15 ?
Thanks for any help.
4 REPLIES 4
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Giuseppe:

I did not find this object in the ArchiCAD 15 library. Is this its proper name, and it is in the ArchiCAD library or from another source?

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am sorry, you are right. my boss bought this package a long time ago and we use it very often, and I thought it was part of the Archicad library.
I was wondering if you knew how I can change some parameters in the script so that I can show the fill cut in the floor plan.
Thanks
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Giuseppe:

It is first an issue of adding to the 2D Script a fill command for the area you want to cover, Poly2 being the simplest (and least parametric) up to POLY2_B{5} which gives the most options, but may be overkill for this task. The fill could be hard coded (no user controls) or more parametric for fill type, fill pens, fill orientation, etc. So it is not an issue of changing some parameters but adding a Poly command then adding the parameters for the fill attributes that require user control. You can look at one of the ArchiCAD library parts, like Precast Column 15 so get some ideas.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you so much for your help. I've tried many times to learn GDL but it is too hard for me. I thought it would be simpler.
I really appreciated you help.
Thanks again.
Learn and get certified!