cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

GDL script for 'do not print / pfd / publish'

jakubc7
Advocate
I haven't been able to find a way of doing this.

I always have 2 sections, one horizontal and one vertical which I use throughout the project without having to create new ones or moving my existing ones all the time.

At the moment I move my section lines away from the printable area each time I PDF, but ideally I'd rather not (especially when working with other people - as they tend to forget it before printing).

I want to create a section/elevation marker (and lines) which will not print but show in my model space. Any idea? Or is it not possible?
ArchiCAD 10 - 25 | Windows 10
ARCHIcreate | Perth, Western Australia
archicad solutions | content creation | training | software implementation
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Jakub

That's simply a layer control issue mate.
Create a separate section line layer and control it that way.
We do the same thing here!
jakubc7
Advocate
Thanks Kristian.
I realise this can be controlled using layers ... I use these sections constantly and want to keep them on the ArchiCAD Layer if possible.

I tried searching through the GDL Reference PDF and can't find anything that would do what I ask. Was hoping someone here might have a claver way of scripting this into a marker.
Anonymous
Not applicable
We use ours constantly too mate but anything on the Archicad layer is not being managed properly. The Archicad layer is only really a safety net to avoid elements getting placed on random layers not shown.
We have 'working' views that have the sections, elevs etc on but when it comes to working drawings, they are only shown when they have to be.
matjashka
Advocate
Here's your script Jakub: Create a separate pen set for your layout views, with some white pens that won't print. In your model view, use a similar pen set with the same pens set to something visible. Move the markers all the way down the display order so they don't overlap anything else. I've been doing this for years with stuff I want to see but not print (except the ArchiCAD layer bit).
Matt Krol [LinkedIn]
BHMS Architects and Planners, Chicago
AC 10 ... 26 USA
jakubc7
Advocate
Thanks matjashka. Makes sense. Might try it out.