cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

GDL uses of module ID or name?

Is there a way of manipulating a module instance (by changing its ID, or name, or whatever) by scripting into its objects variables that react to the module ID, name, or whatever?

I would like to change the exterior wall colors in a module instance by just changing its ID, or etc. This would be a presentation 3D-look-only thing so it doesn't need to be the wall that changes —it could be a custom object/door/window/whatever creating a thin 'paint' block/prism/whatever based on the module ID/name/whatever.

[In case it makes a difference, I am working on 17. But I might consider upgrading this project for that feature only.]

Otherwise I think rather diffusely that it could be done with zones applied for this purpose only —the object would react to some PLN zone variable. That would be a pain, but perhaps still better than managing a bunch of modules for the sake of color variation only.

Thanks in advance for any idea.
0 REPLIES 0