cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

GET Values of A, B, zzyzx from a called object

Jochen Suehlo
Advisor
Is it possible to get only the Values of A, B, zzyzx from a called object,
without using RETURNED_PARAMETERS?
Jochen Suehlo . AC12-27 . MAC OSX 14.4 . WIN11
GDL object creation: b-prisma.de
4 REPLIES 4
Podolsky
Ace
Very good question. I've been thinking about the same already several years. And I probably know why you need it - you want to save a custom object and after call it as a macro and you want to use A,B and ZZYZX parameters of called macro in the main script - for example to place boundary hotspots, or find out centre of called object and place it by it's centre (for example for handle).

Looks like impossible. Unfortunately I/O Text Add-On cannot read GSM files, only txt or gdl, otherwise would be possible to set the script to scan the macro for these variables.
n = REQUEST ("ASSOCLP_PARVALUE"...) works only with labels, markers and property objects.
Why do you not want to use RETURNED_PARAMETERS?
Creator of Cadswift's parametric GDL libraries
Creator of Infinite Openings and Component Catalogues
Push the envelope & watch it bend
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/CADSwift/playlists
Podolsky
Ace
You see, if you are saving GDL object from ArchiCAD - as an object or as special subtype (like window sash etc.)
ArchiCAD does not generate at the end of the file "END A, B, ZZYZX"

That means you cannot create a library part with some advanced functions for simple user, who doesn't know and doesn't want to edit GDL codes.
Anonymous
Not applicable
@Joachim

I also experienced this limitation. Retrieving ZZYZX from a custom saved object would solve many erratic behavior on Called macros. Specially saved Meshes.

Podolsky wrote:
ArchiCAD does not generate at the end of the file "END A, B, ZZYZX"
Exactly! Perhaps this wouldn't be too difficult to implement by GS.