cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Garage Doors

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am looking for some garage doors... Specifically carriage style, panelling below with a 6 or 8 light window. Can anyone lead me in the right direction to find these library parts? Thanks...
Mike
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
You need to create your own. I haven't seen any out there (maybe I haven't searched enough). Just make sure you create them "face down". Check out this site for a good walk-thru (part of CADeshack's website).
Anonymous
Not applicable
There is something similar in the SE9 library, but it may not be close enough to your spec. Making a custom one from slabs often is the best solution.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Mike do you have a JPG of the door you are looking for?

I may have a custom door panel that created that you can modify. I can attach it as a module and you can just edit it. That way some of my work can go to help the community.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I created the custom door panel as outlined in the referenced web site. I followed the process to add the custom door panel to a door and I cannot get it to work with a garage door in AC9 SE. I CAN get it to work with a regular int door, but not a garage door.

Is there a special step to deal with custom panels for garage doors?

Thanks

Josh
Anonymous
Not applicable
josh wrote:
I created the custom door panel as outlined in the referenced web site. I followed the process to add the custom door panel to a door and I cannot get it to work with a garage door in AC9 SE. I CAN get it to work with a regular int door, but not a garage door.

Is there a special step to deal with custom panels for garage doors?

Thanks

Josh
Instead of using it as a custom panel in another door, just save it as a custom door and use it directly. The only parts you'll be missing are the dashed lines in plan for the open position. This is not much to draw in 2D (and you can always edit the part if you're slightly adventurous).
Anonymous
Not applicable
josh wrote:
I created the custom door panel as outlined in the referenced web site. I followed the process to add the custom door panel to a door and I cannot get it to work with a garage door in AC9 SE.
That's strange. Care to post any additional information? I've been using it without problems for some time now. One lesson that I did learn the hard way is that your door needs to be FACE DOWN when you create it. Counter-intuitive, I know.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sergio, I also have not had any trouble using a "custom" Panel in the "D1 Garage 1" door, yet I am using the Standard AC 9 Library and not the SE. Are you using the SE?
Custom Garage Door.JPG
Anonymous
Not applicable
For an angled top door though, I did have to create a separate Library object. The Custom panel in the D1 Garage 1 does not allow for a Wall hole that is non rectangular.
Custom Garage Door Angled.JPG
Anonymous
Not applicable
Jay wrote:
Sergio, I also have not had any trouble using a "custom" Panel in the "D1 Garage 1" door, yet I am using the Standard AC 9 Library and not the SE. Are you using the SE?

I haven't needed any custom doors lately, but when I did do my custom panels, everything seemed to work fine in both the AC and SE. My guess is that I ended up using them in the SE. I now use the SE library almost exclusively (still have the AC one loaded up just in case), and I believe that was the case back then also, though I may have been in the process of upgrading.
For an angled top door though, I did have to create a separate Library object. The Custom panel in the D1 Garage 1 does not allow for a Wall hole that is non rectangular.

Yes, thats true. If you do need to go this route, don't forget about the WALLHOLE slab to cut out the shape of the door in the wall.

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!