cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Hello, changing siding reveal sizes....

S-A-L
Participant

Hello, anyone know of a way to change the siding size in the 'surfaces' to be a 7" or 6.5" reveal instead of the system library of only the three sizes of 4",6", or 8"?

Yes, I imagine I could draw each individual siding piece but would prefer not to.

I tried manipulating the vertical and the horizontal sizes but nothing changes (is this just the scale of the texturing of the wood grain within the siding maybe, but that's off topic) and the spacing always stayed the same.

PS I have no idea what 'labels' to assign this question, if someone can assist in that too! lol 

5 REPLIES 5
DGSketcher
Legend

It's easier to do than explain. I would recommend you start by creating a duplicate surface. You then basically resize the texture image to an adjusted real world size and in each of the other rendering "Engine Settings" change the size there as well. If you don't do this you may find the 3D Window looks correct but any rendered images haven't changed.

You might also want to create a duplicate cover fill and adjust that to match the board size.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

Hello, thank you for your kind reply.  I wish I could grasp what steps what you describe would be involved.  Maybe you are referring to the 'reshape'/'resize' commands used on an entire wall plane --or-- maybe within 'Surfaces' you are referring to the 'Texture' where I can adjust the 'horizontal size' and the 'vertical size'.

On top of all that are you referring to under the name of the surface, how I can change from "basic engine" to "hardware acceleration"?

Again, thank you for your time, much appreciated. 

@S-A-L wrote:

--or-- maybe within 'Surfaces' you are referring to the 'Texture' where I can adjust the 'horizontal size' and the 'vertical size'.

Yes just that. Adjust the image size to what you want e.g. if it shows 5 boards and you want them to be 200mm boards in your model, set the height to 1,000mm

@S-A-L wrote:

On top of all that are you referring to under the name of the surface, how I can change from "basic engine" to "hardware acceleration"?

Yes and also the Cinerender option which may be under the same menu depending on your AC version.

This help link may explain better... SURFACES

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

Thanks so much!  I have it all set on the 3D --looking good!   But it does not match the same dimension on the elevation view.  I don't seem to have he "engine" settings you do with your reference to "cinerender", a help search on that does not yield a result.  My two engine settings within the 'Surfaces' are 'basic engine' and 'hardware acceleration'.

The elevation view is pulling the assigned Vectoral Hatch most likely

JeffH_0-1695689948793.png

So not only do you have to adjust the sizes under the texture, but you also need to adjust your Fill, or create a new, correctly spaced fill, and assign it to your texture.

AC24 / AC26 / AC27
Win10

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!