cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. License Manager Tool update is required on Windows. Learn more…
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Inconistent Marker Sizes

Anonymous
Not applicable
I searched for the answer for this, but found nothing.

I've been reprogramming the section and detail markers and have found an annoying inconsistency. If I place a Detail Indicator_NCS 10 with the head size set to 32 and the Marker Head Width set to 32, it works fine as you can see with the bubble on the left.

If I select the detail marker, then change to a different marker style, then back again, it changes the Marker Head Width to 35 -- which is expected -- but even though it indicates that the head size is 32, it is a different size than when originally placed! The bubble in the middle is the result, and you can see that it's a different height than the original.

The bubble on the right is the result if I set the height to anything other than 32, then set it back to 32. The result is the size that I wanted in the first place!

The reason this is causing me pain is because I want to implement versions of the markers with background masks, but when I switch to the new markers all the heights claim they are 32, but they aren't. I have to set each one to something other than 32, then set them back to 32.

Does anybody know why this happens? It's ridiculous! A height of 32 ought to draw the same no matter how the marker was selected!
3 REPLIES 3
TomWaltz
Participant
I don't know why, but there are separate controls for width and height of circular markers.

When I make custom markers, I tend to make my own size parameters to avoid that exact mess.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
The size of your marker changes because of the different scales Archicad uses such as 1/4" = 1'-0", 1/8" = 1'-0", etc. There is an archicad variable called 'glob_scale' that has a scale factor built into it. Scale your marker down to a 1 to 1 ratio (1/4" = 1'-0" has a 1 to 48 ratio, 1/8" = 1'-0" has a 96 ratio - in other words the scale * 12 -> 4 * 12, 8 * 12, etc.) When the marker is scaled down, measure the size of the circle. Multiple this size by 'glob_scale'. For instance, if your marker circle diameter measures 1/2", then the equation would be 0'-0.5000" * glob_scale for the correct circle size at any scale.

HTH
SeaGeoff
Mentor
Jay, I've done some of this work (consistent size, masking, etc.). Check out the attached group of markers and tell me what you think.
Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x