cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. License Manager Tool update is required on Windows. Learn more…
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Library part macro's

Anonymous
Not applicable
Happy new year to all
Is there an easy way to copy an object from a library complete with it's macros or locate its specific macros/accessories
I would like to take an object from the Us library (the much superior casement combi window) & put it in the International & Australian libraries which don't have the options of this window.
we could all have the same parts in the basic libraries
4 REPLIES 4
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Martin:

You can try this: open a new blank file and draw a wall with the one window you want to transfer. Save as... this file as an archive (.pla) file. Open this .pla file, and when the "Open Archive Project" dialog box appears, select the "Extract elements to a folder" option, this will create a folder with the window and its associated macros. You could then add this folder to your standard library.

A number of caveats: I think that ArchiCAD is searching the scripts of the library part for "CALL" statements to find the macros, this "CALL" statement is not required, so ArchiCAD could miss some macros. Also, I do not know if ArchiCAD is then searching those macros for "CALL" statements, so nested macros could be missed. And this from the GDL Reference Guide: Warning: If string variables or parameters are used as macro names, the called macro may not be included in the archive project, unless the “Include All Parts of Loaded Libraries” option is checked. A greater problem is if these macros have the same name as other macros in your standard library, but do not have the same code, ArchiCAD may end up calling the wrong macro. So this may work, but will need testing.

HTH

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks David
I will try this out & report back
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just got around to trying this out & it works as long as you keep the macro's folder & object together
Many thanks David
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Martin:

Thanks for reporting back to the forum, I am glad this worked.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14