cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. License Manager Tool update is required on Windows. Learn more…
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Library "Error" When Importing to PM

Dave Jochum
Advocate
In the last few days, every time I import/update an AC drawing into/in PM, the process goes fine but I get the error message shown below upon completion. There were no library loading errors, and all seems fine in both AC and PM. It's happended with several (all) files in recent use. Anyone else seen this?
Dave Jochum
J o c h u m A R C H I T E C T S http://www.jochumarchitects.com
MBP 16" (M1 Max) 64 GB•OS 13.5.2•AC 27 Silicon (latest build)
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've seen this once. Just before I noticed that my linked drawing was reduced to a PMK. Not sure if there was a connection or not. I finally just deleted the problem drawing and reimported. Haven't seen the error again.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I get this note all the time and do not have any library issues in Archicad. I have speculated that it has to do with previous versions of library parts that we are using in projects that were started in 8.1 and "transferred" to 9. I have not confirmed this since I have not started a new project in 9. Are you using all 9 library parts?
Anonymous
Not applicable
it is obviously related to library loading - my guess would be that PM/BGAC is finally giving a warning that there were messages in the report window when loading libraries? We get this all the time with duplicate names, since a few of our custom parts are apparently named the same as sopome of the macros that parts in the AC library call.

I've never had any problems (other than that message appearing) with either AC or PM because of that message.

I would be curious to know for sure if you find out what it means...

wes
Dave Jochum
Advocate
Mike wrote:
Are you using all 9 library parts?
Yes, I am. I still haven't figured it out.
Dave Jochum
Dave Jochum
Advocate
Weston wrote:
it is obviously related to library loading - my guess would be that PM/BGAC is finally giving a warning that there were messages in the report window when loading libraries?
In every case, there are no library loading errors reported. Just to be clear--there are no display problems in either PM or the AC source file--in fact, no other problems whatsoever. Just this annoying message.
Dave Jochum
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
Dave.
I get this message every now and then. The times that I have received it are times that I have used a special background image for rendering and have either moved the image or my ArchiCAD file to another location.
Or if I have created a material with an image attached to it.

Maybe you have the same problem?

HTH.
Cheers.
Ben
Ben O'Donnell
Architect and CTO at BIMobject®
Get your BIM objects from bimobject.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
One of our files started getting this message today. At first I thought that the drawings were not updating, but I seems like they are. I eliminated all library conflicts in the file but the BGArchicad still shows the error. The file is a Teamworked file with four libraries. Two located on the server and two on the local drive.
Dave Jochum
Advocate
Ben wrote:
Dave.
I get this message every now and then. The times that I have received it are times that I have used a special background image for rendering and have either moved the image or my ArchiCAD file to another location.
Or if I have created a material with an image attached to it.

Maybe you have the same problem?
It is having trouble finding the previous view sets. Maybe I moved or re-named something. I'll check it out and report back.
Dave Jochum
Anonymous
Not applicable
We see that message all of the time. We haven't been able to track it down either. I will be interested in what you find.