cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

MACROS

I created several Library parts and save them as Macros.

With the use of these Macros, I placed them in my drawing, related to each other (heigth,layer,etc) and then created a New Library part.

To avoid the clutter of .gsm files in this particular folder, I created a sub-folder, where I moved the Macros.

Later, when I try to place the Library Part (the one with the combined Macros) I received the messages that the Macros could not be found.
My question is: Once the Macros are combined for further use,do they have to remain in the same place? How does a CALL function in the Library Part Script, points to the location of a given Macro?

I hope this is clear enough to get some help here.

Conrado Dominguez
Win 10 Home Premium - AMD Phenom IIX6 1090T Processor 3.20 GHZ 8.00 GB RAM 64-bit Opp. Sys NVIDIA Quadro 4000 AC 22, MEP
23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry, I didn't read carefully the previous answer (Karl). I get tired.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you Karl!

"Personally, this business of not having a single, central document (Help or PDF) with everything in it drives me crazy - how can you expect to teach people ArchiCAD with a bit of info here, a bit there, etc?"

After three partial yrs (design then build) of trying to learn this behemoth of a program, no wonder I'm still at such a entry level, even after personal trainers coming to my home/office, etc, etc, and this wonderful learning spot forum.

I've always done a fair amount of different technical reading and computer stuff and yet:
Just a few days after getting my 10 and manual, I knew it wasn't right.
For those who started when AC was much simpler or for the young drink-it all-up info sponges, (sponges in a positive way), it's one thing, or to work in a multi. person office with all encompassing support must be great. Or to have unlimited training funds, wow.

To be starting at this level, as a one man shop, (which I think many are), has been much more daunting for the price, that it should be
Again Thanks for recognizing and summarizing 3yrs of frustration.
Hopes this helps GS figure out a comprehensive solution.

Bier
Karl Ottenstein
Olivier wrote:
Sorry, I didn't read carefully the previous answer (Karl). I get tired.
No problem, Olivier! 😉 We all do it. The important thing is that whether we repeat ourselves or not, we are all helping each other here.

Thank you for adding the explanation of the relatively new 'U' parameter tag!

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Erich
Contributor
Olivier wrote:
Unique toggle: if you switch this toggle on, this parameter will not accept parameter values from the default settings,
during a parameter transfer (CTRL-ALT-click [Win] / CMD-OPT-click [Mac]).
Interactive training guide, Creating GDL objects, chapter 6.

Unfortunately, this point is missing in the Online Help.
Oliver, Thanks for that piece of information. I have been wondering and searching for the function of the "U" button for awhile now and could not find it. This helps ever so much.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
vistasp
Advisor
Karl wrote:
Personally, this business of not having a single, central document (Help or PDF) with everything in it drives me crazy - how can you expect to teach people ArchiCAD with a bit of info here, a bit there, etc?
Is there a wish for this we can vote on? I searched but didn't find one.
= v i s t a s p =
bT Square Peg
https://archicadstuff.blogspot.com
https://www.btsquarepeg.com
| AC 9-27 INT | Win11 | Ryzen 5700 | 32 GB | RTX 3050 |
Karl Ottenstein
Yes, the "U" button seems to have slipped off of the documentation team's radar.

When it was introduced, our beta documents made a note of it, but I cannot find a reference to it anywhere at the moment. I cannot remember if it was introduced in 10 or earlier.

Worse, the 12 Help file is still not updated... referring to three buttons vs the actual four. Of course, U is not format-related, so perhaps that paragraph is OK ... they just forgot to add the sentence to explain the U.

Cheers,
Karl
Picture 2.png
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
Yes, the "U" button seems to have slipped off of the documentation team's radar.

When it was introduced, our beta documents made a note of it, but I cannot find a reference to it anywhere at the moment. I cannot remember if it was introduced in 10 or earlier.

Worse, the 12 Help file is still not updated... referring to three buttons vs the actual four. Of course, U is not format-related, so perhaps that paragraph is OK ... they just forgot to add the sentence to explain the U.

Cheers,
Karl
Karl,

The unique toggle feature was introduced in AC9.
Doing a search on Online Help, I was surprised, like you, to don't find it.

What is the interest to add new features, if they are undocumented?

Oh ... please, Karl, since you are GS moderator, and sorry for the extra work,
could you remind them about new status code 128 for TUBE? STILL not documented. 😉

Cheers,
Olivier
Olivier wrote:
new status code 128 for TUBE?
OK I'm curious.

James Murray

Archicad 27 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info
Anonymous
Not applicable
James wrote:
Olivier wrote:
new status code 128 for TUBE?
OK I'm curious.

James,

It refers to this thread. Three month ago.
Open the curved ramp 12 object, you will understand.
A good improvement, but some documentation would not hurt.

I get heavy ... I know.
ztaskai
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Thanks for the reminder. The 128 mask bit description is available in the on-line GDL manual: http://www.graphisoft.com/ftp/gdl/manual/12

It will be there in the AC13 version, too.

Regards,
Zsolt
Zsolt Táskai
ArchiCAD Development - GDL Team
AC13, AC14 and upwards...