BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Masonry (site built) Fireplace

Andy Melaragno
Enthusiast
Hello,
does anyone have a masonry fireplace object that they would be willing to share / sell or does anyone know where I can find one? Most everything I could fine is a prefabricated model with a metal flue. Thanks in advance.
Andy Melaragno

Columbus, Ohio USA

AC 24 - 27 USA | Windows 11 Pro | GeForce RTX 2060 Super | 32 GB |Intel i7-8700K @3.70 Ghz
6 REPLIES 6
Hello Andy Melaragno,

You are able to use these objet into AC22 :

Do you need another one ?
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Andy Melaragno
Enthusiast
Thank you Christophe for your suggestions, but the top two examples do not include the firebox and the other examples appear to be prefabricated units.
Andy Melaragno

Columbus, Ohio USA

AC 24 - 27 USA | Windows 11 Pro | GeForce RTX 2060 Super | 32 GB |Intel i7-8700K @3.70 Ghz
In this case I suggest you to model the desired part with the morph tool so that it is as you wish
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
I might be thinking of this the wrong way, but aren't you basically looking at 3 walls with an opening?

Assuming you mean an open fireplace made of bricks.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Andy Melaragno
Enthusiast
Hi Erwin,
Yes, I could build the firebox out of walls and slabs. Is that what everyone else does? I just thought there might be a GDL object out there that could be inserted into the drawing.
Andy Melaragno

Columbus, Ohio USA

Erwin Edel
Rockstar
I find the library parts like elevator shafts, dormer windows, fireplaces etc to be strange additions. Perhaps leftovers from early versions of ArchiCAD where they made more sense. Most of these things require complex profile or composite solutions to show up properly in sections and elevations and this is something that most library parts are unable to show correctly.

Maybe they are suitable as an early draft starting point, but generally speaking I end up looking up specs of some manufacturer online anyway and then it sometimes becomes a struggle to get the part to look right and I end up modelling it myself.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Learn and get certified!