Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License outage
Dear Customers, We are facing with an outage in our services in Azure. You may experience issues with the Azure-based functions, like licensing, BIMcloud SaaS, Learn Portal. We are working hard on this issue to make it fixed as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

My GDL turns up-side-down in 3d

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've made a spotlight that is going to hang in a rail down from the ceiling .
I've started at the upper part (the part that is going to fit into the rail), and worked my way down with PRISM_ 's and CYLIND's, rotated axes a.s.o. At last I write DEL TOP.
In the 3d view in the GDL-editor, the object turn the right way. The axes (x,y,z) start at the top, as expected. And the Z-axes points downward.
I save it, and try to put it into the floorplan. I show it in 3d, and it's turned up-side-down.
What on eart is going on? Can someone try to help me, please?

SpotlightSchmitzControl.jpg
5 REPLIES 5
Barry Kelly
Sounds like you are just viewing it upside down in the GDL editor.
The z-axis should be pointing up, x-axis to the right and y-axis away from you.
Rotate it so this is the case and see if the light hangs down or goes up.
If up then a simple MULz -1 at the beginning of the 3D script should fix it.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you very much! The MULZ -1 corrected the problem
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Folks,

Thats why I don't use DEL TOP transformation... Always get full control of the script transformations. Its so easy to mess things up with DEL TOP.

HTH.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have to agree with Braza.

It's really hard to control your script using DEL TOP. (eg. if you want to put in a new parts to the script)...
David Collins
Advocate
ila2 wrote:
It's really hard to control your script using DEL TOP.
There's nothing worse than trying to track down a missing DEL statement in a complicated script. Long ago I got into the habit of noting what transformations each DEL was supposed to undo:

DEL 2 !ADD locate subassembly and ROTy rotate into place
DEL 1 !MULx resize length

Also, sticking a temporary PROJECT2 3, 270,2 statement in the 2d script is a quick way to check the orientation of the 3d script and to make sure the 2d symbol is aligned with the 3d object.
David Collins

Win10 64bit Intel i7 6700 3.40 Ghz, 32 Gb RAM, GeForce RTX 3070
AC 27.0 (4001 INT FULL)