Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Need help creating custom door and window symblos

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,
I am trying to create a new door symbol for our office. I simply do not have enough experience to know how to create a new symbol. I have drawn the new symbol and have tried to save it but it will only let me save it as a .gsm.
When I go to load a new symbol it will only let me open a "label" What is the procedure to create new symbols to be loaded?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thx,
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Are you trying to create door and window keys (aka tags or labels) or the actual doors and windows themselves?

The former is relatively easy. You have to specify the subtype as "Door-Window Marker" (use the "Select Subtype" button in the editor window). The scripting is fairly straight forward, but it sounds like you need to do some basic GDL training first.

Making doors and windows can get very complicated. Custom one-offs are fairly easy. Scripted parametric ones can be complex beyond reason.

It is difficult to respond to such a general request for information. You should probably search the archives for related posts, study some GDL on your own (or get training) and then post your specific questions here.