Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

No objects for the Disabled.....

Have you noticed the entirely regrettable and politically incorrect fact that the "Man in a Wheelchair" object has been omitted from ArchiCAD 8.0 and 8.1 libraries.

This must be rectified. Its an important design criterion that new buildings must be accessible by the disabled, and designers need a 'man in a wheelchair' object to place in critical locations e.g. lift lobbies, disabled WCs, seminar rooms etc to show that they will fit.
2 REPLIES 2
__archiben
Booster

mr. man-in-wheelchair sits in every disabled refuge in every lobby of our means of escape stairs just so we don't forget! (he's in our office library, so i hadn't noticed david).

anybody wanting him back can download the zip file here! propagate your 8.1 libraries with him now!
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
~/archiben wrote:

mr. man-in-wheelchair sits in every disabled refuge in every lobby of our means of escape stairs just so we don't forget! (he's in our office library, so i hadn't noticed david).

anybody wanting him back can download the zip file here! propagate your 8.1 libraries with him now!
Thank you for sharing!