Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Parameters Template for Block Conversion?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm sure someone out there knows how to do this:

I am importing a bunch of Autocad blocks and converting them to Archicad lib parts for scheduling purposes. I want to set up a number(5-10) of parameters in each imported library part has the same parameter list.

Is there a way to make a library part template to create the desired list of parameters for my DWG Translator?

Alternatively(although I think this is not possible), how can I insert a group of parameters into an existing bunch of library parts without going through the library part interface?

Thanks.

-Nathan Brauer
1 REPLY 1
Karl Ottenstein
Nathan wrote:
Is there a way to make a library part template to create the desired list of parameters for my DWG Translator?
What you want is accomplished via subtype templates. AFAIK, there is no way to specify a default subtype in the DWG translator. [I think this would be an excellent wishlist item.]
Alternatively(although I think this is not possible), how can I insert a group of parameters into an existing bunch of library parts without going through the library part interface?
You can insert the group of common parameters by defining a subtype and assigning that subtype to each of your new parts. See this thread:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=26630&highlight=create+subtype#26630

However, the 'easy' method does require you to open each part and change the subtype in the library part interface.

If you have a huge number of parts, then it is worth looking into the XML tools under the Support/Developer links on the GS web site and converting all of your 'new' parts to XML and scripting the change of subtype there, then converting all back to library parts.

HTH,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB