cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. License Manager Tool update is required on Windows. Learn more…
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Problem with ganging windows.

Jere
Expert
Hi all.

We've just recently upgraded to 10. I'm enjoying the window and door ganging features......somewhat.

I'm having no problem ganging two windows together (each ganged on one side). However, when I do three windows, I'm having problems with the middle window which requires ganging on both sides. 2d looks fine but the window will not display in 3d. I've tried with it with several different window types (awning, fixed with awning upper, casement, etc) and all seem to have this same problem.

Any ideas?

Also, above a window unit that has 4 windows ganged together, I'd like to have 4 ganged trapezoid (gable end) windows. Yet, there doesn't appear to be a ganging option for this. I'm trying to use standard AC library parts if possible. Thoughts?

Thanks.

UPDATE: it appears the glitch disappears if the window is 2'11" or wider. Any less the problem appears. For your info i'm using W Awning 2 from the US library. The window is 2'-8" x 6'-0" with a horizontal rail height of 4'-8".
ArchiCAD 26; Windows 11; Intel i7-10700KF; 64GB RAM, GeForce GTX 3060
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
attach the wall with the window in it and i will have a look if you like.
Jere
Expert
ArchiCAD 10 pln file attached with problem windows. All windows are identical except in one wall they're 2'-8" wide and the middle window doesn't work in 3d. The other wall they're 3-0" wide and everything is fine.

Thanks, I appreciate you taking the time to look.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Jere, can you send me a pla (archive) file. I do not have the library part you have. I have australian libraries.
Jere
Expert
even after i've purged everything and zipped the file, the pla is about 1.2 MB's (only allowed 256K). Is there any other way to post it?
Anonymous
Not applicable
i will send you a message with my private email
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Jere:

I opened the file and went to the 3D Window, all the windows showed up.

David
GangWindows.gif
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Jere
Expert
strange, because i get this: and the same thing happens on my coworker's computer. It's the same with all window library parts.
Ransom Ratcliff
Enthusiast
Jere,
Just in case you have not tried this...
Be sure that you have updated your ArchiCAD Library 10.
There is a link for that in your Help menu.

Cheers,

Ransom
Ransom Ratcliff
RATCLIFF CONSULTING LLC
Charrette Venture Group
ArchiCAD 4.55 - 27
Apple M3 Max + Dell Precision Workstation
Anonymous
Not applicable
Jere,

I had the same problem with the file you sent me. Seems there is a problem with the library part as i could get it to work by stretching it a bit larger or smaller.

I can only suggest you make sure you have the latest library part, otherwise report it as a bug.