Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

!Restored: Electrical Installation Graphic Symbol Library

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am looking for a Electrical Installation Graphic Symbol Library for AC9.
Does it exist somewhere? Thanks...
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable
After playing around with this you have 2 choices:

If you haven't done too much work in the project and only get a few "Missing" library parts when loading only the 9.0 library I would replace the missing parts with 9.0 parts and chalk the whole thing up to experience. BTW, just worry about the missing objects, not textures.

Unfortunately, the parts in the TG library have a "tg" appended to their name so you will have missing parts. If there are too many of them, follow Mike's advice and sort out the missing parts, creating a library that contains only those parts and their appropriate macros.

Probably, the first alternative will take less time overall unless you are really far along in the project.

When you start your next project, make sure that only the 9.0 library is loaded.

Woody
Anonymous
Not applicable
I learned my lesson. Thank you very much for your help.

Woodster VS Djordje you are leading 2:0

(I think we should make this forum more competitive )
Anonymous
Not applicable
A shortcut for sorting the used library parts would be to create an archive library without selecting the "Save all parts..." option. This would create a PLA file with only the used parts, From there, you could load that library along with the 9 library, limiting the duplicates but not losing any placed objects.

(What do ya think, 1/10th of a point for that one?)
Djordje
Ace
patricprz wrote:
(I think we should make this forum more competitive )
Mmmm ... 😉

Another 2000 posts and you might be near ... 😉 if competition is what you are after.

Maybe it will also be a good idea to create a template for all of your new files?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
What kinda template? Could you give me an example?