cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. License Manager Tool update is required on Windows. Learn more…
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

SQL support for GDL

adura
Booster
Hi,

Q1:
I have an object "A", which has an ID "OBJ-1". Can I get the value of "PARAMETER1" of this object from an other object "B" ? (A and B are used in the same project.)

Q2:
Can I have a list of parameters of objects in a project, such as their widths and heights, in order to use a
parameter as a pulldown lists in a object ?

Is there any way to use SQL commands in GDL script to get recordset results in arrays?

For example, Extras / Accessories / Roof Accessories menu, roof accessory object (Roof Surfacer) has the parameters of the roof which is attached to it. When you change the width of the roof, object's width is changed, too.

Any recommendation for this subject is welcome.

Best regards
a - d - u - r - a

Akif Duran / Architect
http://www.mimadu.com
AC21 INT, Win10 64Bit Asus N751JW
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Q1 : GLOB_USER + GLOB_INTID

Q2 : The objects CALLED into Extra's Accessories can be linked to roof's dimensions.
U have to made a new extra's Accessory.
In the master you have to insert the data (number elements, dimensions etc) that you will be assigned to the variable.
The variable will be listed (with the quantities dictated into master)

CU mirco
www.3dsmile.it
Frank Beister
Advisor
There are only few ways to get interactive contact out of the gdl-code of objects:

1. The object is feeded by an AddOn
2. Is part of another (skylight, window, door)
3. Is a zone-stamp
4. Is an associative attached label

In all these cases the data stream is unidirectional TO the object. The usage of object-calculation or settings back to the project (as e.g. skylights do) will done, if it's possible at all, from mechanisms outside of the gdl-code.

There is no realy good working possibility to interact between two objects. There is a way, posted here a time ago, to interact between two objects by using a textfile or other external stuff. If it's not absolutely necessary, I wouldn't recommend.

There is one exception:
Labels and markers can REQUEST parameters of the drawing elements they are attached to. Have a look to REQUEST ("ASSOCLP_PARVALUE", .... There is written here something too. Give SEARCH a try. 😉

And of course there a the GLOBAL parameters and the other REQUESTable global system environments.

There are no GDL-statements to get access to the project database. No SQL-commands. Sorry.

Question back: What do you want to do?
bim author since 1994 | bim manager since 2018 | author of selfGDL.de | openGDL | skewed archicad user hall of fame | author of bim-all-doors.gsm
Anonymous
Not applicable
It would be nice if there was an opportunity to make SQL - commands directly in GDL.
Then you have way more options too build your own customize cuttinglists aso.
Schedules and element lists are not that good always, but width GDL I could make my own lists exactly how I want it to be. The only thing that stop me from doing it is that I'm not been able to make SQL call directly in GDL script