Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

'Save Selection as Library Part' gone in AC16?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just upgraded to 16 from 15 and the 'Save selection as Library Part' function is gonzo? How to make simple library parts now? Need lattice fencing for deck skirting if anyone knows where to find that?
AJ
23 REPLIES 23
Barry Kelly
mcjh_matt wrote:
I'm using the Australian version of AC16 and I have the "Save Selection as..." menu available in my custom work environment (see attached image).
Your "custom" work environment will be based on a standard 16 WE.
If you have imported a work environment from a previous version then this menu doesn't exist.
It can be created but you don't get the nice little icon like you do with the with the menu in the standard WE.
There are a few menus like this.

It would be nice if the WE setup would allow us to add icons to the menus as well.

Maybe there should be a "Show all new menus" option as well as a "Show all new commands" one.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
David - thank you.

'No CC Subtypes' was the culprit, had found all the other (door, window, object etc).

'Save Selection As...' appears to be only available on a PC. Mac users will have to populate a submenu as you suggested, making sure to locate 'no cc subtypes'.

Thanks all to have helped.
rocorona
Booster
Barry wrote:
Maybe there should be a "Show all new menus" option as well as a "Show all new commands" one.

As the menus / submenus can be different for each Profile (I mean the standard ones too) this can be difficult do achieve.
But maybe a new option, or a filter, to show not "all the commands" but only the command NOT placed in the current profile. So you know what you are missing...

--Roberto Corona--
www.archiradar.com
AC18 - ITA full on Win10
Or we need something like the Attribute Manager where we can see two different profiles and copy from one to the other.
So we can have our custom profile open and still see all the settings in a standard (or any other) profile so we can compare and copy from it.

At the moment you can compare two profiles by opening two separate Archicads each with a different profile.
But of course then you can't copy from one to the other but have to create or amend all menus and toolbars manually.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11