Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Saving new 3D object in AC15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Everyone,
i just come across this issue and it never happened before in AC14.

Every time when i create simple 3D object like cube box (using wall and slab elements) and when i save the 3D object from 3D plan view, that particular library file size can go up to 100MB.

i also test it on different elements like create simple handrail (using beam tool) and the library file size is 130MB when i save the 3D object.

Its that the AC15 bugs?

AC 15 on IMAC
Intel Core 2 Duo
3.06 GHz
4 REPLIES 4
Karl Ottenstein
Baby wrote:
Every time when i create simple 3D object like cube box (using wall and slab elements) and when i save the 3D object from 3D plan view, that particular library file size can go up to 100MB.

i also test it on different elements like create simple handrail (using beam tool) and the library file size is 130MB when i save the 3D object.

Its that the AC15 bugs?
No problems here, and I'm on a Mac as well. Maybe I am not reproducing exactly what you did though.... I made a cube with two slabs and four walls. I selected these elements and saved from plan (File > Libraries and Objects > Save Selection As...) and I also saved as an object from 3D - once with the Options set for binary, the other time for Editable.

Opening Library Manager and looking at the size of each of the three saved objects, I see:

17 kb - object saved from plan
63 kb - binary object saved from 3D
14 kb - editable (GDL script) saved from 3D

All seems normal to me... So, either it is because I am on Build 3006 (and perhaps you are using 3003?) or I am not doing exactly what you did...

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Barry Kelly
Baby Boon,
Does this help at all?

http://www.archicadwiki.com/Bugs/FileSizeGrowingWhenBinaryObjectsInEmbeddedLibrary

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
Baby wrote:

Its that the AC15 bugs?
No problems here, and I'm on a Mac as well. Maybe I am not reproducing exactly what you did though.... I made a cube with two slabs and four walls. I selected these elements and saved from plan (File > Libraries and Objects > Save Selection As...) and I also saved as an object from 3D - once with the Options set for binary, the other time for Editable.

Opening Library Manager and looking at the size of each of the three saved objects, I see:

17 kb - object saved from plan
63 kb - binary object saved from 3D
14 kb - editable (GDL script) saved from 3D

All seems normal to me... So, either it is because I am on Build 3006 (and perhaps you are using 3003?) or I am not doing exactly what you did...

Karl
Thank you for the reply, i believe is the build 3003 bug. i repeat again what you have done and i got 20kb if i saved object from plan but when i saved the same object from 3D, i got 130 mb

Lets wish the problem will solve when we upgrade to build 3006
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:
Baby Boon,
Does this help at all?

http://www.archicadwiki.com/Bugs/FileSizeGrowingWhenBinaryObjectsInEmbeddedLibrary

Barry.
Thank you Barry, its work. i manage to reduce the file size to 15K. Thanx a lot