Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Script Processing Sequence & Scale Changes: GLOB_MODPAR

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a stretchable "print area" object. In the parameter script I use GLOB_MODPAR and PARAMETERS command to allow me to have a change in the intended print size change the A and B variables (the object's size at that drawing scale) and vice-versa. It works pretty well.

My problem now is that if I change the drawing scale, I want the object to respond immediately to the global environment change. My object keeps the A and B values not the intended print size when the scale changes. To get the part to retain the intended print size values, should I move some of the code I to the master script to be processed? Using a variable that holds the drawing scale and GLOB_MODPAR I have got it to work but it requires stimulating the object by opening the settings dialog. Is there better way to get the object to respond to the drawing scale change?
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Your object works in two modes, in scale the plan and independent of scale (in scale of a print)?
The problem arises when you are switched from one mode to another?
I correctly have understood you?
LiHigh
Newcomer
B wrote:
I have a stretchable "print area" object. In the parameter script I use GLOB_MODPAR and PARAMETERS command to allow me to have a change in the intended print size change the A and B variables (the object's size at that drawing scale) and vice-versa. It works pretty well.

My problem now is that if I change the drawing scale, I want the object to respond immediately to the global environment change. My object keeps the A and B values not the intended print size when the scale changes. To get the part to retain the intended print size values, should I move some of the code I to the master script to be processed? Using a variable that holds the drawing scale and GLOB_MODPAR I have got it to work but it requires stimulating the object by opening the settings dialog. Is there better way to get the object to respond to the drawing scale change?
My advise is to not use "A" & "B" as variables.

create 3 variables namely "paper_size", "print_width" & print_height".

VALUES "paper_size" "A1", "A2", "A3",...........

IF paper_size="A1" THEN
print_width=....... !!!! actual size in meter
print_height=.....
ENDIF

IF paper_size="A2" THEN
print_width=.......
print_height=.....
ENDIF

!!-------respond to the global scale-----------
print_width=print_width*GLOB_SCALE
print_height=print_height*GLOB_SCALE

In order to make it stretchable, use dynamic hotspots.

Hope this help!
Howard Phua

Win 10, Archicad 19 INT
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here's the part: Print Area

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!