Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Spaceless objects - IFC quantities

Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Hi,
A common situation is when we model a door accessory (in the attachment a curtain). The zones doesn't extend in the opening and because of that the object has no related zone. When the builder use Solibri for quantites this object has no zone and thus a manual effort is needed to find out where the objects is and adjust the excel saved out from Solibri. How do you manage this situation? It is quite common and will be even more common with the increasing demans for data in the IFC-model.
/Mats
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Mats,
To get these objects to schedule to the correct zone add a 3D hotspot offset from the object on the side on which you want it to be scheduled, you can do this with a stretchable hotspot

Scott
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
sboydturner wrote:
Mats,
To get these objects to schedule to the correct zone add a 3D hotspot offset from the object on the side on which you want it to be scheduled, you can do this with a stretchable hotspot

Scott
I've got too many objects.
Even Pyrrhus wouldn't do that.
AC 25 SWE Full

Erwin Edel
Rockstar
You can add Wall Recesses to zones, does that work?

Project Preferences > Zones

This does change the m² (obviously), then again there is floor finish where the door touches the floor logically.

Remember to update zones after changing this.

Maybe save project first, in case weird things happen!
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Erwin wrote:
You can add Wall Recesses to zones, does that work?

Project Preferences > Zones

This does change the m² (obviously), then again there is floor finish where the door touches the floor logically.

Remember to update zones after changing this.

Maybe save project first, in case weird things happen!
Nope. Don't want any recesses .
AC 25 SWE Full

Anonymous
Not applicable
Mats_Knutsson wrote:
How many different objects would you have that are accessories to doors? I am assuming you are using scripted parametric objects that are used from project to project, where adding a single line of code to each 3D script would take about 1-2 min per object once would save many times that in future projects
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
sboydturner wrote:
Mats_Knutsson wrote:

How many different objects would you have that are accessories to doors? I am assuming you are using scripted parametric objects that are used from project to project, where adding a single line of code to each 3D script would take about 1-2 min per object once would save many times that in future projects

We're using Besam objects from BIM-object (and other objects from BIM-object as wel). Non editable. Might consider ditching them for the solution you describe.
AC 25 SWE Full