Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Subset Libraries

kevin b
Contributor
Can someone explain how the subset libraries are supposed to work and if they are having any success. We have been trying for awhile without success. According to ArchiCAD's instructions, they offer the following:

Examples
If you started your project on Archicad 9 using the SE9 Library, then for Archicad 10 you should load the following libraries:

Archicad Library 10
ArchiCAD SE9 Subset for AC10.lcf
Project Library with Custom objects
If you started your project on Archicad 9 using the Standard 9 Library and later on also used the SE9 Library, then for Archicad 10 you should load the following libraries:

Archicad Library 10
ArchiCAD SE9 Subset for AC10.lcf
ArchiCAD 9 Subset for AC9SE.lcf
If you started your project on Archicad 9 using the standard Library, then for Archicad 10 you should load the following libraries:

Archicad Library 10
ArchiCAD 9 Subset for AC9SE.lcf

However following these examples, we still seem to get duplicate parts and duplicate names.

We have many projects started in 9 some with 9 library some with SE9. Results similar either way. We also have a separate libaray of office standards objects (2 actually) and a project specific library but those don't have any issues.

Project opened in 10. Loaded 10, 9, office and project libraries - get 1376 duplicate parts and names all 10 and 9 conflicts.
Unload 9 library - get 31 missing parts.
Load 9 subset for AC9SE - get 431 duplicate parts or names

Now obviously I could go in isolate those 31 missing object and create my own subset but isn't this what the subset libraries are supposed to do in the first place? And these numbers obviously vary project to project, sometimes a lot more than 31 missing so it can get complicated.
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

Intel Core i7 -8700 @ 3.2 GHz~ 16 GB ram
0 REPLIES 0