Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Trouble with custom door panels

Anonymous
Not applicable
As the title says I'm having a bit of an issue with custom door panels in AC11. I created a glazed door panel to use with the bi-fold door types. Created the panels fine and were working ok until I reopened the project later and now the door panels have disappeared in 3d view and you can no longer select the door panel I created although the GSM file is still there. I tried to create the door panel again, but although it creates a gsm file for the panel it does not list it in the panel types under custom as it should. The other thing I noticed when creating the custom component, the drop down menu for selecting component type is listing all the options twice. I assume there is some bug here, any Idea how to fix it? Thanks
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable
A coworker in my office wasn't having the same problem as me, so I deleted what I had in my Add-On folder and copied and pasted all the files that were in his Add-Ons folder on his computer.
( Applications>Graphisoft>ArchiCAD 11>Add-Ons)
I did this also for the ArchiCAD Library folder as well. The next time I opened my project that uses custom door panels they suddenly appeared again. If this hadn't of worked I was going to have to re-install ArchiCAD 11 again, because the Library and Add-On files are suppose to be part of the standard package. To this day I am not really sure why the custom door panel option disappeared. I am just happy that I can use it again.
JaredBanks
Mentor
Agreed. I would love to know what happened because it's bothersome, but I'm happy to move on. And at least I know how to fix it if it happens again.
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Blog: www.shoegnome.com
Archicad Template: www.shoegnome.com/template/
Archicad Work Environment: www.shoegnome.com/work-environment/
Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome
JaredBanks
Mentor
Curious. I had this same problem again today (2 months later). Has anyone come across this or learned anything new about the macro file corrupting? At least it's a quick fix now.
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Blog: www.shoegnome.com
Archicad Template: www.shoegnome.com/template/
Archicad Work Environment: www.shoegnome.com/work-environment/
Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome
I was receiving the following message when trying to save a Custom Door Panel. The GSM file was from an LCF, but its source was not an archive file, nor was it read-only. I replaced the Macros as others have suggested and now it works, but something is definitely wrong here...
warning.jpg
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC27 US (5003) on Mac OS Ventura 13.6.2
Started on AC4.0 in 91/92/93; full-time user since AC8.1 in 2004
Anonymous
Not applicable
The custom panel seems too buggy for any productive use, just like the grid tool
Erika Epstein
Booster
Juha wrote:
The custom panel seems too buggy for any productive use, just like the grid tool
Aha! this explains my sometimes-its-there sometimes-its not behavior of my custom panel door.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Zsolt Kardos
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
This seems to be a glitch with either the Custom Component add-on or - more likely - the "Door_Panel_Collection.gsm" macro. You should try the following things:

-try to reload the active libraries (make sure that the panel elements are also loaded)
-delete your Library Cache (search for a file called ArchiCADGdlBinCode.dat). It is possible that this cache got corrupted somehow.
-Check if you have more than one Door_Panel_Collection.gsm in your active libraries. This could happen if you have loaded both AC 10 and 11 libraries. In this case, you should only keep the AC 11 macro
Zsolt Kardos
Support Engineer
Graphisoft
Budapest, Hungary
archicadwiki - the ArchiCAD knowledge base
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have had this problem periodically in both 10 and 11. I think there is something wrong with the component objects or at least how AC incorporates them. The solution for me has been to keep a copy of a fresh install of the AC library in a separate folder, any time my door/window custom panels disappear, I copy in the custom component object from my backup install into the active library and reload. The panels reappear. This seems to be a somewhat widespread problem, I am very distressed that in 2 versions and many library updates, this has never been corrected.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks a whole bunch Ben Odonnell!
This has been drivin me nuts.