Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Updates to lift (elevator) object needed

Lift object - doesn't really matter which version.

There is some love needed here.

It's an object with great potential but it would be lovely if, when placed, it displays properly over all stories it supposedly services.

I know you can place it on a specific story and then adjust how many stories up or down it services.

The problem is that lift doors, lift car, counterweight and so on only displays on the story you set the lift car to be "parked" on.

It would be great if the doors and controlpanels would show on all stories - if we had better control of how the lift looks and functions.

As it is now we have to place the object, "park" it to a story - then add 2D objects to all other floors in order to get the right look for drawings.

So...much love is needed...

Operating system used: Windows 11 Pro 24H2

Erik Bjornhage : SwedishChef, ETTELVA Arkitekter, Gothenburg, Sweden
Architect : Digital Development : Graphisoft Cert. BIM-Manager
ETTELVA Arkitekter : Eriks LinkedIn
DELL Precision 5570; i7-12700H; 64 GB; RTX A2000 [8GB] : AC12 - future
5 REPLIES 5

I posted something about this a while back. You're right, it needs some more love.

The other thing it does not really do well is the projection on its Home Storey. 

We have a project where the elevator banks are on the Ground Floor, but the Ground Floor elevation varies by 1.5 metres end to end. The Elevator didn't like that because the variation allowed  was less than that.

Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-5060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.6

Most of your wishes are easy fixes. But the equation requires time. Which seems to be more and more fleeting lol.

I have implemented most of what you are asking about in my current objects.

Easy fixes 😁
Yes, with time and the knowledge I'm sure it's easy (well, reasonably).

The problem is that this is an object that is in the default library and probably used by the majority of users - yet we can't use it in an efficient way without adding a lot more work to it. Right now it's not a workable stand-alone OOTB solution.

I would love to have a fully customisable lift object where I could set all parameters of the lift - yes, I know I can sometimes go and get the "real" one from the manufacturer - but that's only relevant after the supplier has been selected.

I'm not holding my breath that there will be an updated object for 28 - but who knows what will happen for 29....

Erik Bjornhage : SwedishChef, ETTELVA Arkitekter, Gothenburg, Sweden
Architect : Digital Development : Graphisoft Cert. BIM-Manager
ETTELVA Arkitekter : Eriks LinkedIn
DELL Precision 5570; i7-12700H; 64 GB; RTX A2000 [8GB] : AC12 - future

If you haven't already, make your way to the EnzymeAPD store, They have a "hacked" Archicad escalator that I've asked them to modify some more. Perhaps you should have a talk with them and see if there's a way for you all to collaborate.

Think Like a Spec Writer
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.6

another item I mentioned previously, but will bump to this.

The elevator (and the escalator, too) need to ignore a story between stops. If a mezzanine is located between the Ground Floor and Level 2, the projection graphics should react to to the storeys served, not the ones that lie in between.

Think Like a Spec Writer
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.6

Setup info provided by author