cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Wallhole2

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi!

Is there anyone who have used Wallhole2 command? I don't understand how it works, or, I thought I understand it, but I don't get any wallhole in 2d, there isn't anything at all. I only see the hotspots.

Does Wallhole2 create a wallhole, or does it only stop ArchiCad from making standard window/door hole in wall and then you have to create a fill upon wall to simulate a wallhole?

Edit :
I've got it worked now, I have put an + instead of - in coordinates so my nisch in 2d was placed outside wall
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
WALLHOLE or WALLNICHE commands do not have any effect in 2D. You have to script a 2D representation.
For this issue, since AC 11, you can use the the WALLHOLE2, WALLBLOCK2, WALLLINE2 and WALLARC2 commands, to script reveals.

Before AC 11, you could use use the POLY2_B{2} command to achieve this. It still works, but i recently came into a problem asked by a user.
For renovation, he needs a large wood frame, made of two columns and a top beam. This is correct BIM practice.

There is just a problem in floor plan view. A conflict shows between Columns and reveals scripted with POLY2_B{2} command.
This is reproductible with different windows, which reveals are scripted the same (old) way.
No matters if Columns have a cover fill or not. On the other hand, not any problem with beam.
Fortunately, the workaround is quite simple, see attachment.

Another solution is to replace the window by W2 Casement 11 (INT), for example. This solves the problem. These AC 11 parts use the WALLHOLE2 command.
This is not the only reason to use WALLHOLE2, but i think it is a good one. I will have to update some custom library parts.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I know that, my problem was that I don't get Wallhole2 to work, (or, it was what I thought), but what I have done wrong is that I have switch between - and + in my coordinates and therefor cut my wall in 3d outside wall.

But thanks anyway!